Saturday 15 October 2016

Time Stand Still - Rush




Lyric:- 'I turn my back to the wind to catch my breath before I start off again' - Peart






Song Choice:- I've used this track a lot in my blogs, but why not, as I love the notion of 'Time Standing Still' and what that would mean if only it were real. Paradoxically, it feels like the complete opposite right now as it feels that 'Time' is actually speeding upLuckily though, I managed to stop the clock yesterday for 48hrs and enjoy a couple of days of running with good friends Shane Benzie (yesterday) and Mark Wynn (today). 




I say 'Running' with Shane, what I mean't was, it was me walking and running as fast as I could around a 400m track for a couple of hours, and him analysing my 'NEW' walking and running gaits. You see Shane is a 'Running Analysis Coach'. Now I'll be honest, and I'll state for the record that I believed before Shane's input that recently my walking had reached a perfect state of functionality and that I was back to my pre-GBS self and that it was my running gait that was still a bit ropey.



Well, just how wrong can you be? You see Shane has this amazing running measurement technology that literally sticks to your shins. It records just how much power and speed each of your legs is using to drive you through your whole movement process. The results were amazing in that, even though I've had to learn to walk again, I'm as still as right-sided dominant as I was the last time we measured my gait pre-GBS. Old habits die hard eh? He also pointed out that my 'Walking' gait looks like I'm still walking with a Zimmer-frame, yet my running is a lot more in control than I thought and according to the technology, far more even. 



It was most interesting and something that you might be interested in doing yourself.



I tried to concentrate on Shane's feedback on today's running and walking mission with Mark. I must say that trying to keep more upright helped keep the fatigue in my lower back at bay and even after 20 miles I was still moving pretty freely and had a lot more miles left in the tank. Considering it was only a couple of months ago when I walked that first 4 steps to today's 58,153 shows just how far I've come in such a short time. Being able to do that today - well it's a miracle isn't it?



I know it was a lot of fun, and fun is what it should be. My thanks go to Mark for his entertainment once again and I think he got more of his stories into our time together than I did for once. Anyway who cares...



More tomorrow...



Rory Coleman

976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 MdS - 9 Guinness World Records - 8318 Days' Dry

www.RoryColeman.co.uk






No comments:

Post a Comment