Monday 17 October 2016

Tears from Heaven - John 00 Fleming

Song Choice:- I thought I'd share Jack Coleman's favourite video of choice today. It's well worth a watch if you are 21months old and obsessed by JCB Diggers or if you are 54 and love the track that accompanies the JCB 1CX Showcase. FYI, I've narrowed the music down to 'Tears from Heaven by John 00 Fleming' but am at a loss to where can download the main track that's featured. Please if you are in the know - let me know too.

You see, I've been pretty chilled since my 26.2 mile outing on Friday and I now have a much greater awareness of where I am in my recovery to date. This track has really helped me feel that calm and given me confidence in saying that I'm 'back to being Marathon des Sables Fit'. I know I will be fit enough for the race next April. I even know I could do it right now as I know what's involved in getting to the finish line.

Don't ask me how, I just KNOW.

I also know that I'm certain that I'm in a good place to complete the Beach Head Marathon in less than two weeks time but then again that has a 9hr time-limit so I know I'll be ok there too.

Am I Al-Andulus Trail Fit? Hmm, I'm not so sure. In fact, if I'm honest, I know I'm not. I know just how brutal Paul Bateson's race is and although I could hack a day, even two, I know there isn't a week of 'Spanish Ultra-marathons' in the 'Coleman Legs' quite yet!

But it's ok, at least I know where I stand. I'm satisfied that in just a few short weeks, I've moved mountains, (without the help of the 1CXT I hasten to add) and I've pledged to myself that I'm going to enjoy the recovery process as much as I can as I add more events to my calendar to get me closer to that magical 1000 marathon target of mine.

When? Well ATM it's very open ended and I'm very much taking life, one day at a time and am going with the flow as I'm weaned off my high-dose medication and start to get used to the real pace of life, drug-free.

Yep, there's a bit of a make-it or break-it time ahead coming my way. Until then I'm going to enjoy some more 'Tears from Heaven' with Jack and that bloody video A G A I N. 

But then, why not eh?

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records
www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment