Friday 21 October 2016

Sheep - The Pink Floyd

Lyric: Meek and obedient you follow the leader.

Song Choice:- I chose this as my favourite track of all-time on a recent BBC6 programme I was on. I must have played it a million times over the years on Cassette, Vinyl, CD and MP3 and I've enjoyed the whole 10:20 mins every single bloody time. It's been my blog song more than any other I believe...

Why? Because it's just the best song EVER. Take a listen for yourself here and see what you've been missing, especially if you've been pretending the danger's not real.

You see, maybe it's the Orwellian Animal Farm reference or it's my own fears of becoming a sheep myself and following the crowd rather than my own heart that resonates. 

Although I shouldn't be worried because being someone that has stuck out from the crowd now for the best part of 55 years, the probability of me harmlessly passing my time on the grasslands away is now pretty slim, thank heavens.

Or thanks Psalm 23 perhaps :-)

Listen with quiet reflection and great dedication my little Lamb Cutlets

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records
www.colemancoaching.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment