Tuesday 20 December 2016

Only You and I Should Know - Phil Collins

Some of the drugs I was on...
Lyrics:- 'We know you really only wanna hear, the things we like to say' - Collins

Song Choice:- Described as an 'angry long song', this 1985 offering from the 25 million copy  selling 'No Jacket Required' album is even better 'live' in my opinion. It's also one of my 'Chapter Heading Tracks' in my forthcoming 'A Rebel and a Runner' book that gets published on the 28th January 2017 - How cool is that?

Even more exciting than that is after 233 days of being first diagnosed with Guillain Barre Syndrome, I've now been given the all clear by my Consultant, Dr. Pickersgill. He said and I quote, that, 'I'd had 'it' worse than most, but had recovered better than many in a remarkably short space of time'. Great news for me and my family especially at this time of year.

What's it down to? Well who really knows?... I reckon it's been about maintaining my values and 'sticking out' from becoming a GBS victim. Running all those marathons and knowing my own mind has helped me through the 'GBS Tunnel' I believe. The Doctor also said that I was a 'Risk Taker' and that my Prednisolone eradication technique wasn't as prescribed but in my defence, I managed to kick it finally into touch in a matter of days instead of weeks or even months.


You see I know myself 'Inside Out' and if you went through what I've been through in the last 233 days - You would too.


More later...


Rory Coleman

980 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records
8,385 Days' Dry
www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment