Friday 18 August 2017

Barcelona - Queen

Lyrics:- 'Shaking all our lives' - Mercury & Moran

Song Choice:- Following yesterday's events in Barcelona, it only feels right to write about one of my favourite places on the planet. I'm not going to have my thoughts, memories and images tarnished by people who want to kill and main others and I'm only ever going to think positively about this amazing City.

I mean, it's no wonder that Barcelona draws in so many visitors. If you've ever been there, I'm sure you will have wondered at the Sagrada Familia Cathedral (left) and the genius of a certain Senior Goudy. I've also visited the Olympic and Football Stadiums and used their famous bus hop-on-hop-off tours to get a complete picture of a very 'bohemian' place to experience. There's always a certain sense of relaxed freedom and I've got great memories of Lady Coleman running a couple of 24hr races in the north of the City and enjoying her success at going on to be part of the GB team.

It's a special place.

So that's what I'm going to continue to think. I'm going to keep on enjoying the freedom that should be part of our everyday lives. Enjoy the FREEDOM that running brings and that has brought me an extra dimension in my life to be able to enjoy the world and go back to Barcelona and experience it again in the future.

I hope you also feel empowered to continue to live life to the full and not let things stop you doing the things that you want to do.


Amen.

Rory Coleman - 997 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,626 Days' Alcohol Free - 474 Days' post GBS
1 Sad Day for the World

Location: Cardiff, Wales.

3 comments:

  1. Artículo muy interesante, visitaremos su sitio web más a menudo. Podéis visitar nuestro sitio web http://deporteysalud.eu/ , es un blog de deporte y salud donde estamos tratando de informar a los usuarios sobre curiosidades y información relevante.
    Running Barcelona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estoy muy feliz de decir que es una publicación interesante de leer. Aprendo nueva información del artículo, Keep it up Puedes visitar nuestro sitio web http://deporteysalud.eu/, es un blog de deportes y salud
    Running Barcelona

    ReplyDelete