Tuesday 8 August 2017

Time - The Pink Floyd

Lyrics:- 'No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.' - Gilmour, Mason, Waters & Wright


Song Choice:- Taken from the 1973 Multi-Platinum selling album 'Dark Side of the Moon', this is an easy choice today following our latest #Average2Awesome Day with Rugby-Based Construction company Stepnell Ltd.

You see, I find the whole concept of 'Time' fascinating. Maybe it's because I'm 55 and have fewer 'Tomorrows than Yesterdays' or possibly because I feel I wasted a lot of 'Time' in my 20's and early 30's. OK, you could say that in the last 20 years, I've crammed in more 'Life-adventures' than most to compensate for what I might have lost, but the 'Then one day you find ten years have got behind you' lyric has always deeply resonated with me. For me, I always wished I'd started this game earlier...

So for the record, since GBS, I've decided to get the most out of every day I can, and make the most out of whatever 'Time' I have left on this wonderful planet of ours and  encourage as many people as I can realise their true potential - as I believe many folk 'Fritter away the hours', days and years, just as I did.

Well, today was just one of those cracking days where I witnessed that the proverbial penny has dropped with our Stepnell Group and folk have grabbed life by the balls and are making what they do with their 'Time', really count. 

It's only taken 42 days to reach this point it too...Yep, six short weeks of 'Waxing On and Waxing Off' has worked miracles it would appear.

For me, the physical transformations that have already taken place, are super-encouraging and it will be interesting to see over the next part of the programme how the team convert this positive energy and commitment into their work-life. From what I've seen anything is now possible and I'll keep you posted with their progress following the final group challenge on September 8th. Their numbers BTW speak volumes, as they've already lost 51.8kgs as a group and clocked up well over 6.5 million steps between them. 

How 'Awesome' is that? And today's made me really look forward to seeing them in four weeks 'Time'.

'Well done' Gang!

Amen.

Rory Coleman - 997 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,616 Days' Alcohol Free - 464 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir

Location: Cardiff, Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment