Tuesday 1 August 2017

Move Any Mountain - The Shamen

Awesome Times @CovRunner
Lyrics:- 'I will not fail nor falter, I shall succeed, my perception is altered I do believe' - Angus & West

Song Choice:- Wow! Our #Average2Awesome Team at Stepnell Ltd in Rugby have moved mountains over the last four weeks. A whole 45kg mountain of excess weight to be exact. Their mountainous loss underlines their commitment to our Corporate Fitness and Well-being Programme that we already know changes lives and will hopefully change theirs too.

It got me thinking about The Shamen's 'Move any Mountain' and this 1991 song is full of the kind of energy we felt today working with the Team when we met them at the Coventry Runner for their running gait analysis followed by a run out with us in the nearby park.

I have every admiration for anyone that hasn't really run before to pull on a pair of trainers and run out with us, and their work colleagues. There was no need to worry though as they were full of beans and moved mountains today because they ARE a team even though they are from different areas within the business. You see the really valuable part of A2A is that they have a common goal and their support for each other is really admirable. Not letting themselves down or their colleagues down has been vital in getting them this far, and will take them well beyond their Group Challenge in September I hope.

Coming away from any A2A Day, I always feel empowered and it underlines my own feelings of not faltering and succeeding. For me, next week's session can't come quick enough as I want to tune-in to their energy once again and I'll keep you posted on their progress.

Amen.

Rory Coleman - 996 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,608 Days' Alcohol Free - 456 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir
Location: Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment