Friday 25 August 2017

The Boys of Summer - Don Henley

Aberystwyth - 25th August 2014
Lyrics:- 'Nobody on the road, nobody on the beach. I feel it in the air, the Summer's out of reach' - Henley

Song Choice:- 'Oh Woe', is me! Are you 'Oh Woe is me', too... You see, I feel Summer's fading fast down here in God's Country, the once Horse Chestnut vibrant green leaves in Llnadaff Fields are now rusting up for Autumn and it's August Bank Holiday Eve.

Yikes, what a downer!

Now you know I'm not a 'Glass-Half-Empty', 'Energy Vampiring' kinda guy but I've never seen much good come from the long weekend in August especially as it heralds in September and our Central Heating Boiler going into overdrive.

Maybe it's the nights drawing in perhaps or the last four weeks of rain that have put a dampener on it?

Anyway, to improve the mood, hopefully running my 998th marathon in Blandford Forum tomorrow will breathe a ray of late summer sunshine into my Bank Holiday Weekend and pray that an Indian Summer is on it's way for our September... Perlease!!!!

Well, we can all hope eh? But we can all still try to be 'Awesome'... before Summer's out of reach.

Amen.

Rory Coleman - 997 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,633 Days' Alcohol Free - 481 Days' post GBS
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment