Thursday 3 August 2017

Confident - Demi Lovato

Lyric:- 'I used to hold my freak back, now I'm letting go' - Lovato et Al

Song Choice:- Well on a rather wet and breezy day in Milton Keynes I thought I'd brighten the mood with a great song all about, you guessed it 'Confidence'.

It's a funny old quality isn't it. Having too much gets folks hackles up and not having enough means you can get overlooked in peer groups at work or within your social network.

A lot of my work this week has been spent working on people's 'Confidence'. You see it's amazing to me how much performance in any arena is limited by how folk perceive their own abilities which most of the time is limited by their lack of the 'C' word.

This ranges from athletes not going to races they've entered because of negative thoughts to others wishing they spoken out in situations or meetings instead of keeping quiet through avoiding confrontation.

It's amazing to me how much folk will go with the flow to keep the peace and not stand out from the crowd. Holding back opinion, especially when you are right or more experienced is a crime IMO. So if that's you, why not let go for a change and make your point (in the nicest possible way) and let folk know where you stand for once.

Being 'Confident' in Public such as for speaking to an audience, well I'm not sure that's ever very easy for anyone on the first time of asking but like most things gets easier with practise.

A good place to start is in a group dynamic such as A2A and I love BBC's 'The Choir' where people from companies are put together to perform as one and find a collective 'Confidence' that can then be taken onboard by the individual - sound familiar?

Maybe it's time to find your best singing voice eh?

Rory Coleman - 997 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,611 Days' Alcohol Free - 459 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir
Location: Milton Keynes, England

No comments:

Post a Comment