Wednesday 2 August 2017

One Small Day - Ultravox

Lyrics:- 'One day where I didn't die a thousand times, where I could satisfy this life of mine, one small day' - Cann, Cross, Currie & Ure

Song Choice:- I've always been a fan of Midge Ure and Ultravox and this 1984 hit has some great lyrics, as you can see. The 'One Small Day' line has always resonated with me as I believe it can be the most important day of your life, especially if you are taking on a new 'Life Regime' as I did all those years ago not knowing where it would take me.

You see, I've listened to the song tonight as I've journeyed to Milton Keynes to run my 997th Marathon at the Enigma School's Out Marathon tomorrow. It's funny as now I'm getting closer to the 1,000 I'm starting to think back over the races and places I've been since that 'One Small Day' in November 1994 when I ran my first 26.2 miler in Telford.

The lyrics continue:- 'One day where every hour could be a joy to me, and live a life the way it's meant to be'.
Well, it was a joy way back then and it will be again tomorrow as I live my life it was meant to be, running 7 laps of a lake in Milton Keynes and clocking up #997.

When was your 'One Small Day'?
Rory Coleman - 996 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,609 Days' Alcohol Free - 457 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir
Location: Milton Keynes, England

No comments:

Post a Comment