Wednesday 23 August 2017

Holiday - Scorpions

Lyrics:- 'Exchange your troubles' - Meine 

Song Choice:- I've always tried not to be put off with the Scorpions strange Anglo-German sounding vocals, and like the Pre-'Winds of Change' Scorpions are far better IMO if I'm being honest. I was at Art-School when I first heard the 'Lovedrive' album way back in 1980 and instantly loved the track, 'Holiday'. It fits my thoughts today perfectly and is a far more macho choice the alternative Madonna track I considered... Have a listen for yourself here and see what you've been missing all these years.

Anyway, with the 'Holiday' season in full swing and a bank-holiday (destined to be a washout no doubt) firmly on the horizon, I find a 'Holiday' time-out a great opportunity to get things straight and work out my life's next direction.

There's nothing better than making plans and then starting to implement them. 

Five year's ago on a scorching beach in Majorca, I decided I needed to write a book chronicling my 50 year journey including all the highs and lows and 'A Rebel and a Runner' was born. I'm not saying necessarily that you need to write a book but some basic thoughts and ideas jotted down can really help give you some direction and fresh impetus on your return.


I mean, why not make the best of an August Bank Holiday for once. It's something that I'll definitely be doing myself as well as enjoying a bit of late Summer sunshine - Well you can always hope eh?

Amen.

Rory Coleman - 997 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,631 Days' Alcohol Free - 479 Days' post GBS
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment