Tuesday 29 August 2017

Ray of Light - Madonna

After having a bit of a downer on ‘Madge’ the other day, I thought it only right that I chose one of her greatest albums in the lead up to my 1000th Marathon (I’m sure she’ll sleep well tonight knowing that). But in all honesty back in 1998 I thought, and still do that ‘Ray of Light’ is a brilliant album. The title track is one of the album highlights but I prefer ‘Frozen’. It’s well worth another listen especially if you haven’t dusted off your CD rack recently… it’s even better with a good pair of headphones on.

Lyrically, it’s just perfect and over my lifetime, I've connected with all of the following:-

You're so consumed with how much you get,
You waste your time with hate and regret,
You're broken,
When your heart's not open.

But then again, I’m sure we all have been consumed, wasted time and been broken at one time or another… let’s face it, being ‘Frozen’, ain’t much fun and getting life back to running with a full head of steam can be a tricky old thing and take a lot of time on your own. There's so much help available nowadays - it's worth reaching out if you are in need. People are only too glad to help if you ask... I know.

It only takes a spark to get things going to let that ‘Ray of Light’ back into your world and live life to the full.

Amen.

Rory Coleman - 998 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,637 Days' Alcohol Free - 485 Days' post GBS
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment