Monday 21 August 2017

Fearless - The Pink Floyd

Afraid your team won't win?
Lyrics:- 'You'll never walk alone' - Rodgers & Hammerstein

Song Choice:- Fearless is taken from the 1971 album Meddle. It's one of my early Pink Floyd favourites and includes the classic 'Echoes'. On this track, I've always loved the sensitivity of Gilmour's vocals, and they've always struck a chord with me, especially the line, 'They say the hill's too steep to climb', how appropriate  - take a listen here, if you haven't heard it in a while or are even new to the song or even Pink Floyd (If that's possible).

Anyway, how 'Fearless' are you today? Maybe try and score it on a scale of 1-10, with the 10 being totally 'Fearless'. I don't think I've got that much to be afraid of today and  believe I'm punching a near perfect 10 so I thought I'd look back at 21st August, 2016 to see how afraid I was then as a reference point.

The simple answer to that is that I don't think I was full of 'Fear' then either, as far as I can gather from my blog of that day. 'Fear' wasn't a consideration although I suppose I should have felt a little afraid at least, as I was still had a long way to go on my recovery.

Post illness, I know I don't get afraid of things at all...I wonder though what makes some folk quake in their shoes and others boldly go where no man has gone before? Maybe being a 'Cool Cucumber' takes practice or a life-threatening event to eradicate the behavioural trait. 

I do believe you have to do things in your own time and I'm a classic, 'And I'll climb the hill in my own way just wait a while, for the right day', kinda guy. I don't need pushing as I'm already at pushing at 113% if my latest VO2 test is correct.

So why not join me this week, and try not to be so afraid of anything? You might surprise yourself and if you share your 'Fears' - 'You'll never walk alone'... share them with ME if you want?

Amen.

Rory Coleman - 997 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,629 Days' Alcohol Free - 477 Days' post GBS
1 Sad Day for the World

Location: Cardiff, Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment