Sunday 23 February 2014

Adjustment Bureau Soundtrack - Thomas Newman

'Most people live life on the path we set for them, too afraid to explore any other. But once in a while people like you come along who knock down all the obstacles we put in your way. People who realize freewill is a gift that you'll never know how to use until you fight for it.'

The last words of the Adjustment Bureau, now elevated to my favourite film EVER -Spoke a million words to me and egged me on this weekend to stand out from the crowd and try and get the most out of the next few months as they are some big personal mountains to climb.

It felt like I climbed a mountain today at the aptly named Heartbreaker Marathon down near Salisbury on a mind numbing roller-coaster of a course which was either up or down with a +/- wind of 25 mph which either stopped you in your tracks or blew you along at a fantastic pace. If only we had run with the wind at our tails...

I didn't mind though as I ran every step and bashed out a 4.07 which I was really chuffed about. Hopefully it bodes well for the Barry 40 and I now have two weeks taper to the big day...even I'm nervous about this one!

Anyway, my legs feel fine and I'm recovering really well already so a few miles tomorrow might well be the case...

More then...

No comments:

Post a Comment