Sunday 9 February 2014

Wish you were here - The Almighty and Legendary PINK FLOYD

Coleman - Classic Heart-Rate Trace

'We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground' - Waters & Gilmour



I went swimming to cool off after a TWO HOUR stint on the treadmill today and believe me when I tell you there was a definite sizzling sound as my forehead immersed in the cold depths of the Cardiff Bay Pool. The gym is always roastingly hot and after an hour or so I was up in the heart-rate danger zone after a very nice cold and easy start to the run.

It was all planned you see, I had half a litre of NUUN impregnated water, 280ml of gel, two sources of music with interchangeable headphones and yards of industrial wipes to clean up the endless showers of sweat.

Now, I'm no stranger to the old treadmill having set 9 Guinness World Records for various distances and times spent running on them BUT a two hour stint on a cold afternoon in Cardiff offers not a lot of encouragement I can safely say and all I could do on this occasion was to try and split it into 15 minute chunks with a finishing prize each quarter of a bit of GEL and six sips of NUUN.

I've attached a picture of my heart-rate during the two hours which was run at an exact 10.6kph throughout. It's amazing how great you can feel at the start and just how f***** you can make yourself in just 120 minutes. To say I was pleased to finish would be an underestimation but I am glad that I didn't give up or slow down in the last 30 minutes even though it would have been so easy to do so...there was pride at stake today. Well that's what I kept telling myself anyway.

So if you are looking for another good test of your fitness why not have a go at the 'Treadmill Half of Delight' and see how you get on. I'm off for a lie down as I don't feel quite with it right now...

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment