Thursday 5 January 2017

Sorry - Madonna

I wonder whom sent this?
Lyric:- 'I've heard it all before' - Ciccone & Price

Song Choice:- On the 23rd Anniversary of my quitting alcohol, I could easily have chosen Kool and the Gang's, Celebration or Altered Images, Happy Birthday; however Madge's Sorry fits the bill much better.

I choose 'Sorry' not because I wanted to make amends for my behaviour of 23 years ago; I chose it to illustrate to folks in a similar position to where I was on the 5th January, 1994 that all the 'bullshit' doesn't wash and that it's time to be honest and shape up, as I've heard all the excuses a million times over. I know because I used most of them myself back then.

You know the ones, like something doesn't go to plan or it's been a hard day at work etc. 

Yikes we'd all be drunk all the time if these were trigger points to pick up a bottle. 

Really they're just excuses to take a drug, the most dangerous drug known to man -alcohol. It's a real weakness and it takes a lot of courage to stand up to the demons that are driving you towards it.

I can only honestly say that when you don't drink, you don't miss it. The other thing is, every year you can send yourself a 'Birthday Card' to celebrate your accomplishment. It's a kinda weird thing to do but it matters. It matters more than anything, as without it you're nothing.

And I won't apologise for saying that...

Rory Coleman - 980 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 23 Years' Alcohol Free.
www.ColemanCoaching.co.uk
Location: Caerdydd, Cymru

No comments:

Post a Comment