Saturday 28 January 2017

Steam - Sir Peter of Gabriel

Lyrics:- 'Stand back' - Gabriel


Song Choice:- Well on the day I clocked 29:00 mins for the weekly Cardiff 5km Parkrun, I must say that it feels like I've built up a head of 'Steam' that has certainly given me s lot of hope today for my future running exploits.


You see, I've knocked off over half of my time off that first post Guillain-Barre Syndrome 5km and I reckon that with more training and rehab, there's more in the tank.


I believe it's down to my own coaching principles of running a good base of 65-75% MHR sessions of either running, jogging or walking that I've been working hard on for a month now, plus some twice weekly leg sessions at Aspire Fitness with trainer Joe Timmins.


I'm asked and have been asked a thousand times about HR Training and I've now got it to a tee I believe and the results are amazing for me and for those whom stick to their session plans.


My motivation and concentration are now back 'Red-Lining' and exactly six months on from being wheelchair-bound I feel like I bounded that 5km today and I'll try and sub 9 all the way next time I need a 'Time-Trail-Trial'.


Until then it's 80:10:10 with the HRT and if you don't know how to do it and get great results, I do so please contact me and together we can build up your head of steel to create greatness.


More tomorrow:-)


Rory Coleman - 980 Marathons - 241 Ultras
13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8,424 Days' Alcohol Free.

Location:Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment