Saturday 21 January 2017

The Living Daylights - A-Ha


Lyric:- 'Save the darkness' - Barry & Waaktaar

Song Choice:- You can't beat a good 'Bond Song' to set you up for the day and it's a shame the movie was a duffer as the A-Ha boys made a great stab at the theme. It peaked at #5 in the UK charts, way back in 1988, if you are interested.

Anyway less of Bond and my question today is how are you feeling now there's an extra hour of daylight since December 21st. It's actually 48 minutes but we won't get gloomy about that as the evenings are slowly drawing out now and my own mood is generally lifting.

Sunnier and warmer times are ahead, for all of us...

You can understand why animals hibernate and why December and January can be such a challenging time for folk with SAD. It's a bit of a dark tunnel for me too combined with the daily damp monsoon we get down here in God's Country. For a lot of the time, it's difficult to see that tunnel-end light I can tell you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed or feeling all doom and gloom - I'm just saying that less than 8 hours of daylight a day just isn't enough Vitamin D for my old bodies system.

The longer days (around the end of March) are racing towards us at 12 minutes per week and I can hardly control myself as I always feel better in the warm Spring sunshine - the warmer the better!

Rory Coleman - 980 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,417 Days' Alcohol Free
1 Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here

No comments:

Post a Comment