Thursday 21 May 2015

Comfortably Numb - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- Well I can ease your pain - Gilmour & Waters

Song Choice:- Well this Pink Floyd Classic is listed in the best rock songs/best guitar solos of so many people that my vote doesn't really count for much. In 1979, it answered all my listening needs over and over again...you can play its 6:23 version 9 times an hour if your neighbours and parents could stand it!

I was lucky enough to see one of the original 30 shows where Gilmour stood on the wall with the lights and glitter ball effects at Earls Court, now that was an evening.

Anyway, I love the 'I can ease your pain' lyric as it's like the saying 'A Problem Shared is a Problem Halved'. Just how right is that old chestnut as sometimes just talking about the thing that's giving you sleepless nights can make a lot of the hurty pain go away.

I find myself doing more of 'Pain relief' than 'Pain inflicting' in a lot of my ULTRA-marathon Clinics sorting people's brains out before their bodies as that's where most of the problems and barriers lie. It's somewhere I believe I help folk the most.

Confidence isn't a given, it's a belief that's learned and one where it gets better and better the more you do. 30 years after my driving test, I never think once about how to drive a car, I just do it naturally. My first solo drive in a car was well scary and there wasn't much clutch left as I remember. But then that's life and it's all about learning and not becoming Comfortably Numb.

Rory Coleman - 904 Marathons - 233 Ultras - 12 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment