Thursday 14 May 2015

Goodbye Cruel World - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'There's nothing you can say to make me change my mind' - Waters

Song Choice:- Well it's the next track on the Album chronologically and the above lyric reflects my very black and white or rather black OR white approach to life.

You see, once my mind is made up, well it's kinda made up and it's not worth wasting your energy trying to change it. It's one of my real strengths AND weaknesses. Being focussed (that's a nice way of saying determined and bloody minded), really helps but the zeros and ones my 'Binary Brain' (BB) uses doesn't have a 'Maybe', 'Middle', 'Grey' or '5/10' setting...which sadly on some occasions might come in very handy indeed. Even then if I had it, I don't know if I would know when to use it.

Then again is mediocrity something that I want to understand? An emphatic 'No' resounds from my 'BB' which only confirms that it's just never going to happen... 

There's more chance of me buying a Celine Dion Album*. Now there's a thought... I'll leave you with that thought...

And I'll be back with more frightening talk tomorrow...

* (I could have chosen Barry Manilow, Justin Timberlake or Justin Bieber as they are also like nails down a blackboard to my Prog Rock Ears)...



No comments:

Post a Comment