Saturday 2 May 2015

Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'We don't need no thought control' - Waters

Song Choice:- I bought this as a single in 1979 pre-Wall release and played the 45 to death as I remember. It's just one of those great songs of my teenage youth and reminds me so much of my time at KES Grammar School in Stratford-upon-Avon.

As for Waters 'Thought Control' well maybe he's right that we don't and certainly didn't back then need anyone telling us what to think but funnily enough I believe we still do what people want us to do, even though we don't.

For example I meet a lot of very clever people who have worked so hard to get to where they are today. Big jobs, for big companies for big wages. But, some confess to working double their salaried hours to get paid for half of their effort...I always ask them if they are happy about being a charity to their employers and mostly get a knowing nod but more often a 'Well I've got to as its expected of me'...

Don't get me wrong, I've been there and been burned out too...so why do it?

Get some 'Thought Control' get smart as well as clever and make the most of your time - you've already missed the 'Happiest Days of your Lives' and when you do escape, you'll wish you had years earlier.

Have a Great Bank Holiday Time Out, pause for thought and do get on with doing what you really want to with your life - before it's too late. 

Those sliding doors are sliding!

Rory Coleman - 902 Marathons - 232 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.
Location:Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment