Friday 8 May 2015

Young Lust - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- Will some woman in this desert land - Gilmour & Waters

Song Choice:- With Gilmour"s excellent vocals plus great guitar chords, I love this track and the woman in the desert lyric reminds me only too much of my own young lust, listening to this on a scratchy Waltham Music Centre.

My 24 bit Studio quality hifi hasn't changed my liking for this track and it's only added clinical clarity to a much loved obsession - a love of music and my youth.

It's parallel is a clarity of the soul that only 35 years of life's ups and downs has given me. A knowledge of what's right for me and what's not. I'm only too aware of that as well as my own failings and needs.

That's something that I'm seeing more and more of this week as I start preparing a new class of MdS runners for the 2016 race.

There's lust ok and lots of it as they enter the world of Weekend Warrior Ultra Running for the Mid-Life Crisis Man. Testosterone? If only I could bottle it...

It's Young Lust alright...good job I'm not a new boy at this.

More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman - 902 Marathons - 232 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.

Location:Pembroke Road,Cardiff,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment