Wednesday 27 May 2015

Run like Hell - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- ‘You better Run all day, and Run all night’ – Waters & Gilmour

Song Choice:- Ahh at last THE Waters & Gilmour Masterpiece (after 25 songs of the Wall Album) including a brilliant Keyboard Solo from the sadly no longer with us Richard Wright. The LIVE version from the 1980 show has the vitriolic Waters intro making it even more specially tasty…

And it is special… as I've Run all day, and Run all night far too many times to remember. Then again it’s what’s kept me sane over the years and along the way has given me a huge amount of satisfaction and outlet for my own zest and enthusiasm for life.

Unlike Waters nerves being in ‘Tatters’, mine have only gotten stronger and ‘Running like Hell’ has taken me a lot further than I ever thought it would when I first started. There’s something about the simplicity of running that I love and that it makes you own up and be honest with yourself… So in turn you can be honest with everyone else you meet.

I was lucky enough to hear Sir Ranulph Fiennes speak at Marie Curie tonight and even luckier to add my thoughts into the mix to a packed Institute of Great Britain Audience. And that’s like Heaven for me… and it felt wonderful to be open and honest about myself and how I've got to today.

Running’s not Hell, Life’s not Hell…It’s what you make it. All you need to do is...

Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run
Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run

As it takes a lot of the hurty pain away, more tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment