Sunday 17 May 2015

Nobody Home - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- I've got amazing powers of observation - Waters

Song Choice:- Although Waters is waxing on about Syd Barrett here, I love this line from the song as in my case, I can honestly say I really do look at everything around me and try to take it all in.

You have to as life's all about experiencing situations and one's environment is so important I believe. As is looking closely as everyone we encounter, it's a primeval thing and we actually look at Men and Women in totally different ways - as a running coach I look at how folk move and gait analysis, it's a subconscious habit now as is looking at folks bodies too. Don't tell me that YOU don't as you DO, naturally sizing up what you see.

As I said, I know I do and body size and shape is a reflection of folks past, lifestyle and personal standard of living. It says a lot about whom you are and transmits a huge amount of information about you to others. There's a lot in the saying, 'You never get a second chance to make a first impression'. You know what it's like when you meet someone for the first time, in job interviews if you don't look the part, you won't get the job. 

How YOU look, tells me loads about YOU...before you even say a word.

Then I've got amazing powers of observation, have you? I wonder what people see about me?

Rory Coleman - 904 Marathons - 233 Ultras - 12 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment