Friday 15 May 2015

Hey You - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'Always doing what you're told' - Waters

Song Choice:- Well I've been waiting for this one perhaps and it's a great opener for Side Three of the original vinyl album. The octave higher vocals of Waters last verse being my favourite part.

The always doing what you're told bit has always shone out for me in this song as I don't think I've ever been guilty of that one. It's not that I'm a deliberate renegade, I've just come to realise that I'm just a bit different to the norm and my ideas of the world sometimes conflict and my determination to succeed can appear somewhat strange to say the least.

That's what 'Sticking Out' is all about...and at 53, I don't think there's much chance of me changing that!

The thing that Waters asks 'was it only fantasy?' Well it is unless you stop doing what you are expected to do and live a little, or in some cases a lot.

Hey You...


No comments:

Post a Comment