Saturday 27 May 2017

Time - The Pink Floyd


Lyrics:- 'Waiting for someone or something to show you the way' - Gilmour, Mason, Waters & Wright

Song Choice:- Taken from the 1973 Album, 'The Dark Side of the Moon', probably one of the greatest 'Rock Albums' of all 'Time', this is one of Pink Floyd's most recognisable tunes and one where Richard Wright's lead vocals gets my hair standing on end every 'Time' I hear it.

I've used the song many 'Times' in my blogs as 'Time' is a very interesting concept. It's interesting how it was Roger Waters' own realisation of 'Time' that life is not about preparing yourself for what happens next, but about grabbing control of one's own destiny became the theme to this amazing track that showcases everything that is Pink Floyd.

Lady C would call it 'depressing' but it's a track I can really connect with and is simply awesome IMO as it always gets me thinking...

They say for instance that 'Time' is a great healer - and I for one know that for a fact, and you have to give 'Time', 'Time' I've found. It's interesting how much we try to compress the whole 'Time' passing process especially if we are recovering from illness, addiction or injury and I believe life isn't necessarily about the events we pin our year's activities on, it's also about the 'Time' in between where even bigger gains can be made.

This 'Time' last year, I didn't think once about missing out on going for a run, I just enjoyed a 'Time' out and looked at the bigger picture and gave myself 'Time' to think. It did me the world of good too, especially after the first 'Time' I did parkrun post GBS on September 3rd in a whopping 58.06mins finishing 729/731 - (which included Lady C and Des the Sweeper Runner) following me round, so I was LAST really.

Yes, at the 'Time' is was amazing to be back running but I was also really pissed off with my 'Time'. Six months on and I'm slowly getting there and getting closer and closer to a sub-27 minute 'Time' with a 27.33 mins (285/622) today and feeling that I'm running a bit like I used to.

Now I'm back in the zone, I must say that I'm looking forward to my next chance to chip away at a few more seconds off that post GBS-run 'Time'. Long gone are my 'Times' of heading off on 145 miles down the Grand Union Canal on a May Bank Holiday but I've done that one (3 'Times' and I must have been totally mad) and luckily know more about life than I did twenty years ago knowing that I don't need 'Something or someone to show me the way' - as this 'Time' I know where I'm going.

Do you? Or do you need more 'Time', 'Time' to recover or 'Time' out...

Rory Coleman - 990 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,543 Days' Alcohol Free - 392 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location:- Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment