Thursday 13 July 2017

Head Full of Dreams - Coldplay

Lyrics:- 'You can see the change you want, to be what you want to be' - Berryman, Buckland, Champion & Martin

Song Choice:- Well Coldplay surpassed all of my expectations and probably those of the all the 70,000 people crammed into every inch of the ‘Principality Stadium’ in Cardiff I’d say, last night. Yikes, how concerts have moved on in the last few years and this easily overshadowed my hallowed memories of seeing INXS and U2 in the 90's as the sound, lights and colours were so electric, as was lead-man Chris Martin – He simply gave it 100% and his enthusiasm throughout was totally infectious.

This being the last concert in the UK, (for ‘some time’ he said on a couple of occasions), did make it feel like a 'Chapter' was being closed for the band and a ‘New Dream’ was possibly being developed as the performance and stage-management would be hard to surpass - it's as bigger show as you'd now ever get. The whole flashing wristband that co-ordinated with the songs lit up the stands in a way I’d never seen before in any arena.

So how one would go about changing at that level? Well I’ll never know but maybe every change process jumps through a similar number of hoops when we want to make things happen.

In my experience, I like to get things straight in my mind first. Get some real clarity about what I’m trying to do and how I’m going to do it. Having a clear mental picture of me completing the task in hand makes a huge incentive.  With perfect 20-20 vision on where I’m going, I find I can get my foot hard to the floor and drive-on ‘Goal-Bound’ free of distraction at speed. The only drawback with my method is that it takes a lot of time and patience to get things perfectly lined up, ready for action.

Seeing ‘The CHANGE you want’ through ‘The Fog of Life’, well there’s the rub but isn't so hard perhaps once you get to grips with where you are going next, once you know where that is.

At the end of the day – It’s your life and your journey, no one else’s... So 'Live' the Dream don't just leave them in your head eh?

Amen.

Rory Coleman - 995 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,590 Days' Alcohol Free - 436 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir
Location: Caerdydd, Cymru

No comments:

Post a Comment