Monday 3 July 2017

Live it up - Mental as Anything

Hogan Hero
Lyrics:- 'How can you see looking through those tears? Don't you know you're worth your weight in gold? - Smith

Song Choice:- Taken from the film 'Crocodile Dundee' (that's going back a bit eh? 1985 for the hit and 1986 for the film, if you are interested) I just love the sentiment this song always delivers whenever I listen to it.

The phrase 'Mental as Anything', always reminds me of when I've been described as 'Bonkers Rory Coleman', whenever I've been introduced to a new audience whether in the flesh or on Radio and TV or when folk have said that I must be mad when I've been on one of my escapades.

I truly believe folk must be mad NOT to have tried the 'Impossible' or 'Lived the Dream'...

'A close encounter with a hardhearted man, who never gave half of what he got' - Smith

I mean you'll have to 'Give' an awful lot if you are going to 'Run around the world' or 'Climb to the top of it' and I'm full of admiration for anyone attempting or conquering either. A hard-hearted person wouldn't stand a chance.

'Has made you wish that you'd never been born, that's a shame 'cause you got the lot' - Smith

And that's the annoying part. You know, when folk don't get the most out of what they've got and don't live up to their own expectations.

You see, YOU are worth more than your weight in gold. Much more...

Amen.

Rory Coleman - 995 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,580 Days' Alcohol Free - 428 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location:- Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment