Saturday 10 August 2013

And you and I - YES


'And you and I climb, crossing the shapes of the morning.
And you and I reach over the sun for the river.
And you and I climb, clearer, towards the movement.
And you and I called over valleys of endless seas'.


Anderson, Howe, Squire & Bruford


I ran a 22.45 PB at PARKRUN this morning which I'm REALLY pleased with as it comes following a good period of training in the Alps and a couple of months of regular hard hill climbing. 5km isn't my favourite distance at all and I can't say that the training has always been pleasant BUT the results are undeniably VERY PLEASING.


Of course I have to thank my mentor Miss Salter for dragging me kicking and screaming to some of the sessions but as she says 'You'll feel a whole lot better about YOURSELF when you've done it'. And how right she is!


Currently I feel pretty much on top form and we followed PARKRUN with a 5 mile sand dune session down at Merthyr Mawr with a couple of the MdS#14 runners. The sand didn't feel half as hard as it usually does and even three straight reps of 'The Big Dipper' wasn't too much of an issue.


Let's hope there is still something in the legs for tomorrow's Salisbury 5-4-3-2-1, my #780th Career Marathon.


More then...



No comments:

Post a Comment