Friday 9 August 2013

Parallels - Yes


'You've got the way to make it all happen' - Chris Squire

I was making Jenny laugh earlier today explaining ' 70's Prog Rock' to her... I'm not sure how interested she was in the bands and the music that I had found so inspiring in my teens. She did keep he eyelids open for a while anyway...

What she did find my refreshing was my 'ENTHUSIASM', I beleive, which grew the more I went on about those old ELP and Yes albums I had bought for just £2.99 from WHSmiths in 1978. I'm listening to them now as I write this blog and they still sound AWESOME only digitally and perfectly crackle free. What I'd have done back then for the quality of the 21st century music, I wouldn't even start explaining Wow and Flutter to her!

Anyway, music has proved to be such a life partner for me as regular readers will know...I believe it's the same real love and enthusiasm that's helped me run all these marathons and keep it FRESH in my mind and still so HYPER-IMPORTANT to me, some 20 years on. It's REALLY important right now.

I'll be running later on and I'll be listenning to 'Prog Rock' if my quads recover in time...

If only I still had my long hair!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment