Sunday 11 August 2013

5-4-3-2-1 - Manfred Mann

Salisbury Cathedral
'Down the valley on their horses they thundered' - Manfred Mann

I thundered a bit today at The Salisbury 5-4-3-2-1 (brilliantly organised btw, if you are looking for good races). Following yesterday's Park Run PB and hills session at Merthyr Mawr, I wasn't too sure how my legs would go on the off-road 42.2km course and after a couple of miles warm up I'm sure my recent outings actually helped me out.

Last year, the marathons seemed to go on forever but they are now getting a whole lot more manageable and a lot more FUN. It was FUN today and at 21 miles I really upped my pace and certainly used the downhill speed that I have recently been working on.

It was great to see loads of the 100 marathon club there too today and I must thank Pete Morris for providing some great competition over the last few miles.

4.34.05 off road is a good time for me :-) Speed and good LSD runs are working a treat for me, is your training working a treat for you?

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment