Thursday 8 August 2013

Legs - ZZ Top


'She's got legs, she knows how to use them' - Billy GibbonsDusty HillFrank Beard 

I followed Jenny's legs today up that Leckwith Hill but with very sore quads from the couple of fast runs I've put in earlier in the week. Therefore I took my time going UP adding just a couple of seconds onto a climb BUT I hammered the decents and actually took a couple of minutes OFF my whole session. I did in fact do a 1:59 midway in the session without too much distress and after quite a few fast down runs with little recovery...

Explain that one - or maybe again is shows that I can in fact run faster than I think I can if I can escape my comfort level.

These Reverse Hills sessions really get you thinking...it did for Andy Saville when he did them too and now I know what he mean't when he said it killed his quads. I think I finished mine off with this session!

More tomorrow...

www.RORYCOLEMAN.co.uk - The UK's Leading ULTRAmarathon Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment