Sunday 18 August 2013

In the Cage - The Almighty GENESIS


'Rockface move to press my skin...Turns Sweat turn Sour' - Sir Peter of Gabriel.

I felt very caged today as I grappled with yet another Marathon, this time in Cheddar Gorge. Only it wasn't, it was above the gorge and on a very strange two lapped off road roller-coaster of an affair that at first got me wondering why we had bothered to enter but by 18 miles had got me completely suckered in and running with ease.

Don't get me wrong as this could be a real classic with a few corners knocked off and its very tough if you are looking for a big challenge for next year.

I actually ran well within my comfort zone and held back along some of the more treacherous parts of the route BUT on the open sections I just couldn't help but overtake a few people I felt didn't deserve to be ahead!

I didn't catch Jenny of course as she WON the ladies race after saying she was going to stay in bed this morning! What it's like to have options like that eh?

I've got a lot of miles to get in this week so it's an early night and I'll be back at the Cheddar Gorge next year for another helping I think - The Marshals were 10/10 btw.

More tomorrow :-)

www.RORYCOLEMAN.co.uk - The UK's Leading ULTRAmarathon Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment