Friday 26 September 2014

Listening Wind - Talking Heads

Lyric:- He thinks the time is surely now or never - 'Byrne, Weymouth, Eno, Frantz and Harrison'.

Song Choice:- I bought this album when it came out in October 1980 and love the Byrne and Eno musical collaboration. This combined with the slick bass and drums Talking Head trademarks and the song had me mesmerised and still has some thirty-four years on.

My theme for the day is all about listening...one of my big things right now and i often meet folk that seem to have more mouths than ears. I love the old adage that God gave us two ears and one mouth etc.

I listen a lot nowadays...obviously to my clients needs but just like anyone else I need people to listen to me too. Thankfully they do and I feel grateful that they use my expertise and knowledge to help them thru their darker moments or on their journey to their next goal or achievement.

My past two of days of scribblings, memoirs, ramblings or however you'd describe them might be more of a loud hailer than a love letter to running judging by the amount of Pink Exercise Book I've already consumed.

It's proving to be a brilliant trip down memory lane so far and if I can ever type it up it might make it easier for folk to hear what makes me tick...or tock maybe.

Well there's hope isn't there? Like Byrne says it's now or never...

Coleman Coaching - The UK's Leaders in Inspirational Coaching.

Location:Seychelles

No comments:

Post a Comment