Monday 8 September 2014

Watercolour - Pendulum

Lyric:- 'Feed the fire, break your vision, throw your fists up, come on with me' - Thompson

Song Choice:- I became aware of the Aussie Drum and Bass Group last year (cheers Nathan Williams for the tip-off) and instantly loved their deep bass and heavy synth-lead sound. My neighbour Pauline must love 'em as my 200w Sub gets a full work-out every time I play them.

Listen for yourself and see if you get them too...I was listening to this track on my iPod as I bumped into one of my friends on their way to the gym this evening. We'll call him 'Nick' but he knows who he is...

Anyway, he didn't look too full of beans and with a mega-long race fast approaching this month that he told me he felt totally FLAT about the prospect of just surviving the experience rather than performing at his best.

IN HIS CASE, I RECKON THIS RACE FOR HIM IS NUTS...I believe he does too as that's what he disclosed to me. Now whether he takes heed of me, himself or any of your comments, then I'll be surprised as it's hard not to race when one's paid the entry and made a public declaration that you are undertaking your next ULTRA feat.

I've prescribed him a 'back-to-basics-lets-start-running-again-from-the-beginning-when-I-used-to-enjoy-it-get-out-of-jail-free-card' so I wonder if my offer will be more tempting than a disappointing race performance.

I do but what would you do if you were Nick OR you are the real NICK yourself? 

I feel really uptight about this one as he could be a great runner..'breaking his vision' would make a massive difference I know'...

More from Cryptic Coleman tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment