Wednesday 3 September 2014

Short and Sweet - David Gilmour

Lyric:- 'Seeking to justify the part you play' - Gilmour

Song Choice:- I bought this album in 1978 when it first came out and played it to death. We used to play in on the car cassette player in my Dad's Marina. Gilmour's haunting lyrics and brilliant playing made for some great air guitar back then for a young 16 year old Master Coleman. It was heady stuff!!!

The lyrics spoke volumes for me today as I spoke with SO many clients about their lives and their work. The common theme was about finding ones worth, not in the monetary sense (as money eventually doesn't push everyone's buttons), but trying to find the ones value in this big bad world of ours. If you find that, you find tranquillity...it's a BIG journey.

I try my hardest to get my clients to see that journey, see what they're really capable of and take them a whole new level of living the dream.

It works too... Even I'm really trying to live the dream right now and I'm working hard to get in shape for The Druid Challenge in November by getting a good couple of months under my belt. Sometimes it takes time and the time has to be right to jump off the cliff and go for that dream.

I'm still dreaming...are you? 

How 'Short and Sweet' was that?...

No comments:

Post a Comment