Wednesday 10 September 2014

Ordinary World - Duran Duran

Lyric:- 'And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world' - Le Bon, Rhodes, Taylor, Robbins & Cuccurullo

Song Choice:- I've always had a soft spot for these 'Brummie Boys' and it's amazing to think they crafted such a wonderful song as this. It really has it all listen for yourself...1993 it seems like only yesterday.

Mines been more of an 'Extraordinary World' since 1993 and this song always makes me think of those who feel safe and secure doing the same things, year in year out. I wish I was more like that but in 'Roryworld' there's always a mountain to climb or a fresh challenge on the horizon to keep me focussed and firing on all cylinders. No two days are ever the same!

Everyday I meet people who are looking for an 'Extraordinary World' and just need a push to take the plunge and dive into a whole new ocean. As a coach, it's wonderful to be part of that persons transformation watching them grow in confidence and helping them become the person they've always wanted to be.

'Roryworld' isn't so bad you know... Do you live on your own planet or stuck on Planet Earth? (see what I did there with the Duran Duran ref.)

Anyway more tomorrow...I'm off to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment