Monday 14 December 2015

A Pillow of Winds - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'Green fields, a cold rain is falling' - Waters & Gilmour


Song Choice:- Well it's the second of my 'Meddle Blogs' and the next track is the wonderful 'Pillow of Winds'. It sounds so gentle and this is a rare 'Love Song' from 'The Floyd' and has some great layers of music and lyrics that just run over your mind and body, especially if you listen in full stereophonic sound in some good quality headphones.

Funnily enough, the Green fields evaded us today on a 42.2km with the amazing Paul Scullion but the cold rain of Wales was certainly falling as we attacked the Welsh Coastal Path around Penarh, Lavernock and Sully.

Anyway, back to the 'Pillow of Winds' and the it's the lyrics, 'As darkness falls the waves roll by the seasons change, the wind is warm', that I love the most and it provides some light at the end of the 'Tunnel of December' that drives me in particular to distraction.

The New Year, A New You is always a bright spot on the horizon and I'm 22 on the 5th January. 22 years' dry of course, and I know I bang on about it but without it, I wouldn't be here waxing lyrical on here right now.

On that day, 'I'll rise like a bird, in the haze and the first rays touch the sky' as I have done ever since.

It was my 950th today and that rocks on my Pillow of Winds...

More from my cloud tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment