Friday 18 December 2015

Seamus - The Pink Floyd

Lyrics:- 'Well, you know the sun was sinking slowly' - Gilmour, Mason, Waters & Wright

Song Choice:- Day five of my 'Meddle' Blogs and it's one of The Floyd's shortest songs across any album at two minutes and sixteen seconds and a very bluesy track that preludes tomorrow's twenty three minute, 'Echoes'.

I like the guitar work and the howling dog fits the style of the song perfectly. The part though that I really love is the above lyric which was most apt today as I clocked up my 71st marathon of the year as the sun went down across the sand in Merthyr Mawr.

It also went down metaphorically on my year as there are no more clients and no more marathons to inspire, manage or complete until the 4th January. That means there's time for recovery and some planning for 2016 and beyond.

Exciting times eh? All mixed in with Christmas Turkey including the traditional lorry-load of roast potatoes.

What could be better!

More tomorrow.

Location: Planet Cardiff
952 Marathons - 238 Ultras - 12 MdS - 9 Guinness World Records - 8017 Days' Dry




No comments:

Post a Comment