Tuesday 29 December 2015

Ace of Spades - Motorhead

Lyric:- 'You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools, but that's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live for ever' - Kilmister, Clarke & Taylor

Seems only right to mark 'Lemmy's' exit from this world into the next with the 1980 classic ‘Ace of Spades’. A real crash bang wallop of a 2.49 minute thrash that always got the party going. Much better than another Dire Straits Blurge (That’s a Blog and Durge) I’ve been writing for a lifetime now and I’m going for some ZZ Top tomorrow to lighten my mood. Anyway it’s time to up the ante at the end of a year that has finished off more celebrities and musicians than I can remember - Even Lemmy finally bit the dust yesterday.

The line ‘That’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want live forever’ goes for most of them but is most apt for Mr. Kilmister as in true Lemmy style the cancer that finally killed him off (where constant Jack Daniels, Amphetamines and Cigarettes couldn’t) lasted a mere two days. Live Young, Die Fast summed hi, up…or is that ‘Live 100 years in 70 and then Die Fast’ who knows eh?

He certainly got value for money during his 70 years and my thoughts are that with a life of sobriety he would have made 100+ even more I bet, but without the extremes and high’s of a Rockers lifestyle, maybe it wouldn’t have been worth living.

It’s a shame that we can’t just live the life we’re given and that some of us are always looking for that next challenge or dream that will drive us on. Maybe that’s the 'Achilles Heel' of the Addict.

But then life’s a Gamble and you play it with, your Life sometimes: 'You win some, lose some, all the same to me'…

Thing is do you stick or twist?…

Easy - TWIST!


Rory Coleman - 952 Marathons - 238 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 22 Years' Cigarette Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment