Friday 4 December 2015

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

Lyric:- 'Life is ours, we live it our way' - Hetfield & Ulrich

Song Choice:- If you were at the 'Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert' on April 20th 1992 (and my client this morning said she actually was), it was during this particular song that my whole world changed for the better have a listen here and you'll see what I mean.

Ok it took me nearly two more years to get my act into gear but this song always brings home that one single moment in my life...you know the one where you think, 'What the f*** am I doing to myself.

I know I've waxed on this week a lot about 'Apples', Walls and the 'Whatnot' but hey this is the stuff that makes my mind tick and keeps my old 'Grey Matter' ticking over and, well erm...kinda 'GREY'.

I did sing with the Metallica during that gig, not that I remember much about it but I do remember the energy, the sheer volume and the passion of James Hetfield as he blasted out those lyrics on the 5th November (I just checked on Google) and although I lost it until the 5th of January 1994, the song is still a great reminder of how far out of control I was.

Anyway, I won't be writing about apples, or walls and there will be less talking about it stuff, and more action next week.

I might even write some more classic album blogs next week too.

Hmm...What Album shall I choose?


More tomorrow - Post marathon #948.

No comments:

Post a Comment