Tuesday 8 December 2015

Blowin’ Free - Wishbone Ash


Lyric:- In my dreams everything was all right, in your schemes you can only try:- Powell, Turner, Turner & Upton.

Well it’s Day Three of my 'Argus' – Wishbone Ash Album Blog and probably my favourite track of mine and their best known song, Blowin’ Free.

Hopefully it’s another song of ‘Love’ and not about the ‘Freedom to Smoke Weed’…as forty years on from it's writing, around where I live in Caerdydd there’s plenty of freedom to 'Blow Free' I can tell you.

Anyway, I digress and it’s the,‘In my dreams everything was all right’ bit that I’m really interested in today as in my dreams last night, everything wasn’t alright. I saw a 1950’s style silver jet dive vertically into The Trent Bridge Cricket Ground in Nottingham causing mass destruction. See I told you everything wasn’t alright…it was also back in the past as I was in my 20’s with long hair. Hair! Now that's dreaming!

Who knows eh? and maybe I should tune into the 'Fantasy Dream Channel' in my slumbers and not the 'Ultimate Disaster Dream Channel' that I seem to have bought a subscription for. Crashing Planes or White Lingerie? How can I have got it SO wrong...

Then again, do dreams have to be brilliant either, just less dramatic perhaps, as life certainly isn’t all the time is it?

If every day was just perfect, and you know just what makes a perfect day, wouldn’t it be brilliant - sorry TERRIBLE!!! As there’d be nothing to gauge a perfect day against.

I will try the 'Fantasy Dream Channel' and if all else fails I'll listen to this track.

Hearing it, always makes me feel happy and I think about the Cornfields I played in as a child.

Blowin’ Free.


More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment