Thursday 24 December 2015

Walk of Life - Dire Straits

Lyric:- 'Dedication, devotion, turning all the night time into the day' - Knopfler

Well, it's Christmas Eve and its seems only right that 'Walk of Life' is the next in my 'Brothers in Arms' set of blogs.

You see in my book you can 'Race' life or 'Walk' it. If you could ask a Higgins, a Reed or a Best if they 'Raced' life,  they'd probably say they 'Sprinted' theirs as I was before my 1994 epiphany. 

Over the past 8,023 days I'd like to think that I've strolled it and in places lifted the pace to a nothing more than a light 'Fartlek'. You see, it's all about the pace we lead our lives at that counts and it means you can get more bang for your buck.

Watching the Eve of Christmas unfold in Cardiff, that famous Pagan Festival of Light in the Darkness all I see is folk 'Racing' their Lives and their bank balances away to in a vain bid to make tomorrow as painless as possible.

For me Christmas has become a time of reflection and also to consider the twelve months ahead, so I can stroll on towards my goals and dreams.

I don't know what you really need this year, but funnily enough there's nothing I really need for Christmas as you can't buy what I already have and I have enough of it. Hopefully you feel the same and will enjoy 'Christmas' too in its full meaning and will not be thinking how crazy God was deciding Jesus was born on a Bank Holiday.

Makes you think eh?

So from the heart have a Strolling, not Racing or Walking Good Christmas, my faithful Blog Readers...

More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman - 952 Marathons - 238 Ultras - 12 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,023 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location: Caerdydd

No comments:

Post a Comment