Tuesday 22 December 2015

Money for Nothing - Dire Straits

'Now that ain't working' - Sting & Knopfler

Well, it's Day Two of the Dire Straits 'Money for Nothing' Blogs and here's the extended 8 minute 25 seconds title track if you've forgotten just how good it was back in 1985, even if Sting did sing on it.

Let's forget the money as a value as Knopfler's right that that you don't get 'Money for Nothing' but I believe you can get paid to follow your 'Passion'. I'm sure you've heard the saying, 'If follow your passion, you'll never work a day in your life'. 

Well I'm the definition of that one eh?

Money is an interesting concept though as it puts a value against EVERYTHING. One look at EBAY and you'll see what I mean. However can you put a value against Health, Love or one's Children? Health is especially 'price less', in other words it is above the realms of Money, hence 'Priceless'. I was talking about Gainsborough's 'Mr & Mrs Andrews' the other day and I would imagine that's priceless too, so I won't save be saving up this year's Christmas Money for that one. 

It's a shame as I'd love to look at it every day if I could as it's just totally awesome.

But that's a material thing and I love the things that money just can buy. I bet you love them too and I've love to know what you consider to be 'Priceless' in your world.

More tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment