Sunday 13 December 2015

One of These Days - The Pink Floyd

Album choice:- Well it's time for another series of Blogs and this time they are based on the 1971 'Meddle' Album from The Pink Floyd. Surprisingly only reaching #3 in the UK Charts it's sold well over 2 million world wide (200,000+ UK of which about five of which are mine). Apart from some great songs it has the amazing 'Echoes' (which for all of us oldies is all of side two of the album), lasting a monumental 23.32 minutes giving just enough time to get pretty wasted if you were that way inclined some 44 years ago - 

Luckily for me I was only NINE...

The reason I've chose this album is that it's from a year when the world expanded for me and went decimalised for everyone else in the UK. It's such a long time ago, that folk have lived their entire lives within this time and luckily for me, I'm still alive and kicking.

Anyway, here goes...

Lyric:- 'One of these day's I'm going to cut you into pieces' - Gilmour, Mason, Waters & Wright.

Bloody Hell! It's the only lyric in the song and a hard hitting one too as the rest of the track is extremely melodic, well I think so and Waters Bass is mezmorizing. I remember seeing the song on 'The Old Grey Whistle Test' with a cartoon as a visual, watching it on a fuzzy black and white portable. There's a great live version here you see and hear for yourself focussing in on a very young looking Nick Mason on Drums.

I just love it...

That's the thing you see with Pink Floyd...The music provides a canvas to paint the rest of your life's ups and downs on. Sometimes in giant chunks and sometimes cut up into little pieces. Wherever you go and whatever you do there will always be an amazing back catalogue of music to help you through.

Thank heavens for the Floyd...and it's not One of these Days, it's ALL of these days. Well all of them since 1971 for some of us :-)

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment