Friday 11 December 2015

Leaf and Stream - Wishbone Ask


Lyric:- 'Await your breath of Spring again' - Powell, Turner, Turner & Upton

Track Five already on Wishbone Ash's 1972 Album 'Argus' and a very melodic track with some great lyrics which include the above reference to Spring I love so much,

Seems only right as we head towards the darkest of on 21st December. Conquering 'The Winter Solstice' always shines out a huge ray of hope as we head for the warm days of Spring and we get to share the breath of a New Year on the horizon and a whole new set of Van Goch sunflowers.

It's the waiting for that breath that's the killer and it's not surprising the Pagan's decided to have a massive mid-winter rave to brighten up the dark days of their primitive lives. Why Jesus chose December 25th I'll never know for his birthday as everything's closed, even Tesco and with respect I would have chosen an early Summer date if I was the Son of God. Late April or Early May's my choice as its nearly always a scorcher. My 6th Feb hasn't ever been that tropical as I remember!

Anyway, it's months away and I've got to crank out another 42.2km tomorrow so I'll dream on about 'Breathing in Spring' in my slumbers.

More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman - 948 Marathons - 238 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment