Wednesday 2 December 2015

Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics


Lyric:- 'Sweet dreams are made of this, I travel the world and the seven seas, everybody's looking for something.

Song choice:- Back in 1983 I loved the old Lennox & Stewart partnership and even went to see them. They rocked too, even though I'm sure it should be 'Whom am I to disagree? 

I'm sure someone will put me straight on that one...

Anyway I'll continue as yesterday's blog got me thinking about dreams and of course this song came to mind as indeed I do have sweet dreams, travel the world and have spent a lot of my life looking for something, probably for most of my life if I'm being honest and mainly looking for myself.

It taken time to own up to that one as just like most folk, us chaps especially, don't like to look lost. Until recently, I would never ask for directions if lost or even where to find something in Tesco if I couldn't find it, but hey ho, I don't give a s*** whom I ask now as I've not got anything to prove. Don't worry, I haven't gone all girly, I just haven't got anything to prove as I know I'm a 'Tough Old Desert RoboCop Warrior' really and even I can own up to Cooking, Ironing and Hoovering as it just doesn't matter.

My that's liberating, and it's something I don't worry about anymore. Take it from me, building barriers is such a waste of time and you are better spending it making your 'Sweet Dreams' come true.

Maybe it's time to travel the world and the seven seas!

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment