Wednesday 25 September 2013

Stoptober Day 17 - Stratford - Tears for Fears - Shout

Footie - England Style
'These are the things I can do without' - Orzabal

I've just had the best running day of the whole #Stoptober Challenge so far and Stratford-upon-Avon provided me with my third day of 28 milers in so many days. It must have been a combination of a 3pm meet at St. George's Park, home of England Football Training and running on familiar routes around Luddington which inspired me to run like the old days of 1994 when I first started out on this running lark.

It was strange start to the day really as I thought I'd be stiff after all the hills yesterday but it was quite the opposite and I just ran freely and went back to my 3.5 mile out and backs that zipped away the early miles into Stratford itself and onto Tiddington away quite nicely. A second slightly bigger lap got me to 15 miles VERY nicely.

What I have discovered is that it's best to do 7 mile laps or out and backs as that suits my brain to put it into bite sized chunks.

That made the last 13 an easy and fast one, out to Barton and back to get me back home and finished in 5hrs 32mins, a personal best for the Challenge so far.

I'd like to say that after that, playing soccer on the indoor pitch at St.George's Park was a piece of cake...but it wasn't as the other players were half my age but I gave it a good go and it was a privilege to be able to go there and do that. I'm very good at the running but not at the kicking!

Ah well...nearly bedtime and another 28 tomorrow will do nicely...

More then. 


No comments:

Post a Comment