Saturday 21 September 2013

Stoptober Day 13 - Armed and Ready - MSG


'Is it hard enough, is it loud enough' - Schenker

Phew, that was a long old drive last night and whoever thought of sending the M42 through Solihull Town Centre on a Friday night must have a very strange sense of humour as major roadworks had closed IT AND the M5 near Bristol later on causing us a late night arrival from Sunderland. It was a marathon all of it's own...

It can't have been too bad though as Jenny knocked over twenty seconds off her Park Run PB at Little Stoke, Bristol to make it 18:36 now and I did 24:28 (sub 8 min miles, oh yes) and blew the soot out from my 336 miles of running on #Stoptober so far.

I think it really helped with the whole day and Martin Dunne and his Parkrun Team were so friendly to us as were Bristol City when we went on there afterwards. I can't express just how welcoming Darren was at the ground. I hope they start winning soon for his sake!

The Bristolians were great at the roadshow and from there I just decided to smash the miles out along the A420 towards Chippenham and did a great time of 5:36 for the 28 miles including some massive climbs up to Bath Racecourse.

I'm looking forward to some nice rest tonight before hitting Reading tomorrow. 

Know any good places to go?

More then...

www.COLEMANCOACHING.co.uk - The UK's Leading ULTRAmarathon Coaches.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rory, congrats on surviving the rain and the miles. I ran a parkrun as a start to my 21 mile, and thought of you as I was relieved to finish, adding another 7, and doing 28 every day! Keep fueling, keep enjoying it! Sarah

    ReplyDelete