Sunday 15 September 2013

Stoptober Day 7 - Smoke on the Water - Purple


'We made a place to sweat' - Gillan, Blackmore, Lord, Paice & Glover

Gosh, where do I start on Day 7 and 197 miles into my #Stoptober 28 x 28 Challenge as its been awesome today in lots of different ways.

It started with a cold sunrise at our Caravan Park at Bursledon near Southampton and the sun quickly burned the morning away but not me luckily... as it actually got quite warm at times.

Luckily to spur me on my good friend Lou Herron came and joined me for a few miles and we had a good catch up as we haven't each other since she survived a second year's MdS tent with me last April. She's a 100% total energy giver so I took all she had to give - thanks Lou...

From there it was onto Portsmouth and another great #Stoptober Roadshow, those guys are really working hard on all the smokers they meet, I believe we are really starting to make a difference.

Up to then I'd already got 20 miles under my belt by then and headed for HMS Victory as I'd never been aboard and luckily for me, Hannah the Museum Manager let me aboard for my own very special sight seeing tour. How cool was that!

It was simply amazing, I felt real history under my feet...I'm going back after the run as I found it so interesting and I can take more of the history of the oldest British Warship still serving.

More tomorrow...

www.COLEMANCOACHING.co.uk - The UK's Leading ULTRAmarathon Coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment